Village Nursery School
Daly City's Premier Co-Op Preschool - Est. 1953
Village Nursery School is a small, parent cooperative serving families in Daly City, as well as neighboring communities in San Francisco, Pacifica, Brisbane, and South San Francisco. We are a well-established school and have served hundreds of diverse families over the last 64 years. We pride ourselves in providing families with a creative and nurturing place to grow.
Village offers a child-centered curriculum where the children learn through “hands-on”experiences with a variety of materials in their environment. Our free choice activities include project of the day, dancing & singing, water table, playdough, blocks, art and reading. Outside, we have a beautiful fenced-in playground with swings, a large climbing structure, slide, playhouse, and space to run.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the age range of children enrolled? Our program is designed for children ages 2 to 6
- What are your hours? Our morning program hours are 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- How many days a week do kids attend? We offer enrollment packages for 3, 4 or 5 days a week
- Do you offer after school care? We provide extended care from 12:30 p.m. to 5:45 p.m., and early drop-off begins at 8:00 a.m.
- Does my child need to be potty trained? No, but we encourage children to sit on the potty at school and begin the potty training process.
- What immunizations are required? All students and participating parents must have all state required immunizations up-to-date.
- What is the adult to child ratio? We are licensed for 24 children per day and strive to maintain an adult to child ratio of 1:4.
- Do you have a Pre-K program? We offer Pre-K instruction for children starting at age 4.
Village Nursery School admits students of any race, color, national origin, ethnic origin, or religion to all the rights, privileges, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic origin or religion, in administration of its educational and admission policies.
Village is licensed through the State of California Department of Social Services (License #410503442), and is a
a 501(c)(3) non-profit school. All donations are tax deductible and 100% of the proceeds benefit Village Nursery School.