BASIC MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
Each family is required to attend a 1 hour orientation, and participate in a 3 hour work day training, prior to their child's start date.
- Families are required to work one day per week from 8:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Your workday can be done by you or another member of your family.
- Each working parent must have updated TB test, proof of measles, mumps, rubella & most recent flu shot, and pass the 'Megan's Law' background check.
- The work day is only required by "participating" families. If available you can choose to be a "non-participating" family and will be charged a higher tuition rate.
- Meetings: A family member is required to attend each Business Meeting which usually takes place on the 1st Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.
- Jobs: Every family must take on a specific job or duty at Village Nursery. These include serving on the Co-op Board or volunteering for one of the Standing Committee jobs (examples include toy cleaning, book repairs, yard maintenance)
- Maintenance: Each family is required to participate in 6 hours per semester to clean, fix, or enhance the school environment
- Fundraising: All families must participate in several fundraisers organized during the Fall and Spring Semesters